Psittacus Parrot High Energy Breeding Formula is ideal for the reproductive stage of medium and large species (Psittacus, Ara, Poicephalus) which need a diet rich in high quality protein and also benefit from a fatty acid profile rich in palmitic acid.
- Breeding formulas contain high levels of protein with a suitable amino acid profile for this life stage, with attention to their profile of fatty acids and the content of Omega-6 and Omega-3. The concentration of vitamins and antioxidants of these formulas is much higher than in the maintenance formulas in order to cover the greater nutritional requirements during breeding.
Breeding formulas are a complete diet formula with each pellet containing a full compliment of nutrients. This negates the common problem of picky feeding as the pellet and its nutrients are consumed as a complete package. These foods have been specifically designed to stimulate reproduction.
Psittacus Parrot High Energy Breeding Formula Feeding Recommendations:
- Supplement with fresh fruit and vegetables to add variety to the diet.
- Renew feeder with fresh food daily.
- Close the bag after each use.
- Do not add other vitamins or trace elements since the formula already contains the appropriate amount. Supplying these in excess can be harmful. However we recommend breeding birds have Calcium Grit (listed separately) available at all times which will allow them to meet the increased calcium demands of egg-laying.
- Ensure the bird has plenty of clean, fresh water at all times.
crude protein 23.5%, crude fat 15.0%
Daily intake ranges between 5% – 10% of the bird’s body weight. Medium-sized species, such as the African Grey, consume between 25g – 45g. Environmental ambient temperature influences consumption significantly.
Due to a change in overseas order processing by our suppliers, please allow an additional 2 days for the expected delivery date for all orders outside the United Kingdom. We apologise for the situation which is beyond our control