Psittacus Parrot High Protein Breeding Complete Feed -12 Kg for Cockatoo and Amazons is part of the Psittacus range of complete parrot foods featuring over 50 distinct products which are widely regarded as the best on the market.
Breeding formulas are a complete diet formula with each pellet containing a full compliment of nutrients. This negates the common problem of picky feeding as the pellet and its nutrients are consumed as a complete package. These foods have been specifically designed to stimulate reproduction.
Breeding formulas contain high levels of protein with a suitable amino acid profile for this life stage, with attention to their profile of fatty acids and the content of Omega-6 and Omega-3. The concentration of vitamins and antioxidants of these formulas is much higher than in the maintenance formulas in order to cover the greater nutritional requirements during breeding.
Feeding Recommendations For Breeding Formulas
- Formulas intended for breeding pairs during breeding season.
- Supplement with fresh fruit and vegetables to add variety to the diet.
- Renew feeder with fresh food daily.
- Close the bag after each use.
- Do not add other vitamins or trace elements since the formula already contains the appropriate amount. Supplying these in excess can be harmful. However we recommend breeding birds have Calcium Grit (listed separately) available at all times which will allow them to meet the increased calcium demands of egg-laying.
- Ensure the bird has plenty of clean, fresh water at all times.
Psittacus Parrot High Protein Breeding Complete Feed Product Details
Ideal for the reproductive stage of medium and large-sized species (Amazona, Cacatua, Psittacula, Pionus) that need a diet rich in high quality protein and also benefit from a fatty acid profile rich is oleic acid.
Daily intake ranges from 5% – 10% of their body weight. For example, a Blue-Fronted Amazon will consume between 20g – 35g daily. Environmental ambient temperature influences consumption significantly.
crude protein 24.5%, crude fat 12.0%
Due to a change in overseas order processing by our suppliers, please allow an additional 2 days for the expected delivery date for all orders outside the United Kingdom. We apologise for the situation which is beyond our control